Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Walker, Texas Walker

A couple of years back when I worked for the American Heart Association’s National Center, my department participated in the Heart Walk. This particular year, we had what I thought was a pretty clever team name - “Walker, Texas Walker” a play on “Walker, Texas Ranger.” Get it? Maybe you had to be there...

Anyway, I’m happy to announce that Matt and I have our very own Texas Walker! Yep, Patty’s walking!! She started last weekend and is now up to about six quick steps in a row before she proudly takes a seat and claps for herself. I can hardly believe how quickly this kid is growing up!

To my Gran’s horror, we decided to let her learn to walk sans shoes. We did some research and learned that babies learn better when their bare feet can grip the surface and they aren’t bogged down with those big, high-top walking shoes! And, they’re so unattractive! I’ve yet to find a cute pair!

No comments: