Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cousin Aiden


May 11, 2008 was my first Mother’s Day and the celebration of my nephew Aiden’s first year of life. His birth was scheduled for August 2007, but he decided to arrive three months early – guess my sissy was getting on his nerves – I don’t blame him for wanting out of there! (JK, sissy) He started off tiny – only 2 lbs, 7 ozs (top photo). By his first birthday, he was close to 30 lbs! You wouldn’t believe any of this if I didn’t have a photo to prove it because he’s grown so much in just a few short months. He’s the cutest!

We all knew he’d be a stinker because even during his 3 month stay in the hospital he made several attempts to remove the tubes that the nurses inserted for feeding, monitoring, etc. Here’s a picture of my sweet Aiden after eating (and by eating, I mean playing in) his birthday cake (bottom photo).

P.S. I love the top photo of Aiden because I took it while he was in his incubator and, even though he was hooked up to all the machines, he looked as cool as a cucumber having a day at the spa.

No comments: