Saturday, June 7, 2008

Nothin' but gloom


The evening of April 1 was the first time Patty and I slept apart since her birth. I had to go on a work-related trip to Washington, DC. I love the city, but it was miserable being away from Patty – especially at night. Plus, it was the first time Matt and I were not together to celebrate his birthday.
Patty was in good hands since Matt was home and my mother-in-law was with her the whole time. Even still, it was pretty tough. I have to admit, though, once I finally fell asleep, I slept pretty well! Since Patty outgrew her bassinet, our bed has become a “family bed” (we can’t seem to get her to sleep in her crib - call me with suggestions…seriously).

I took this picture while I was away. I thought it was pretty representative of how it felt to be away from Patty for so long (only 2.5 days, but still).

No comments: